Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
THE BOOK OF EPHESIANS: The Church of the Living God
Likened to a Body
“And the church is his body; it is filled by Christ, who fills everything everywhere with his presence” (1:23)
• Wrought and planned by the Father (1:1–6)
• Bought and purchased by the Son (1:7–12)
• Taught and protected by the Spirit (1:13–14)
Likened to a Temple
“We who believe are carefully joined together, becoming a holy temple for the Lord” (2:21)
Likened to a Mystery
“God himself revealed his secret [mystery] to me” (3:3)
Results of this mystery
• Believers have access to the throne of God
• Believers are strengthened by the Spirit of God
• Believers can know the love of God
• Believers can request the power of God
• Believers can display the glory of God
Likened to a New Person
“Until we come to some unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature and full grown in the Lord, measuring up to the full stature of Christ” (4:13).
“You must display a new nature because you are a new person, created in God’s likeness—righteous, holy, and true” (4:24).
Likened to a Bride
“And you husbands must love your wives with the same love Christ showed the church” (5:25)
The bride is to be
• Submissive and circumspect
Likened to a Soldier
“Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all the strategies and tricks of the Devil” (6:11).
A. Children and parents (6:1–4)
• As a soldier, the child is to obey the parents.
• As a commander, the parent is to discipline and instruct the children.
B. Servants and masters (6:5–9)